Your blog post assignment is due on Friday November 4th, before 5pm (end of week 8). You must drop in a hard copy, and submit a copy on safe assign (via blackboard).
Here are some tips for writing a good blog post:
- Be clear about what you want to say before you start.
- Map out the paragraph structure in your rough work.
- Start with a clear puzzle and a specific question (questions lead to answers).
- Write a direct imaginative title.
- Write a captivating introduction.
- Specify your core claim/argument.
- Marshall empirical evidence to back up this claim.
- Discuss this evidence in relation to the wider literature.
- Conclude by specifying why it is relevant.
- Write for a public audience.
- Use in-text citations (a rich bibliography signals that you’ve researched the topic).
- Enjoy the writing process.
Feel free to email me with your ideas, or to discuss further. For examples of excellent academic-style blogs, see this website: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/